It’s never easy to lose someone you love. And when you’re grieving, it can be hard to find the right words to celebrate a loved one’s life.
Storyphile can prepare an eloquent eulogy on your behalf. We’ll gather the material we need through phone interviews with you and with family members. We’ll capture your thoughts and feelings in a tone you feel is appropriate. We’ll work quickly to prepare a draft for your review, and deliver a completed product within three days of the time you hire us.
Your eulogy will reflect the unique personality of the loved one you are commemorating. You’ll decide how short or how long it needs to be.
Unless you’re eulogizing a head of state, you probably won’t want to speak for more than 20 minutes. That’s about as long as President Barrack Obama’s 2009 eulogy for Senator Edward Kennedy. On the other extreme, poet Nikki Giovanni’s eulogy-like convocation address to commemorate the victims of the 2007 massacre at Virginia Tech was a short but powerful 258 words.
- Get started. (You’ll need to sign a letter of agreement and pay a 50% deposit.)
- Work with us to plan the eulogy, select an appropriate tone and decide what aspects of your loved one’s life should be highlighted.
- Sit for a 15- to 20-minute phone interview to tell us about your loved one.
- Provide us with contact information for friends and family who are willing to share their memories in a 15- to 20-minute phone interview.
- Review a first draft of the eulogy and let us know if there’s anything we need to fix.
- Approve a final draft of the eulogy.
Pricing starts at $2,800 for up to 2,500 words. That’s about 20 minutes of speaking time.
Time is of the essence when you’re planning a funeral or memorial service. Storyphile will deliver a completed eulogy within 3 days of the time you hire us.
The deposit is 50% of the total fee. The balance is due when you receive the finished eulogy.