How memorial books work
Has someone close to you recently passed on? Do you wish you could do something special to celebrate that person’s life?
Do you wish you had something you could hold in your hands and remember the good times (or even the hard times) you shared?
A memorial book is the perfect way to pay tribute to a special person.
Here’s how we do it.
Storyphile interviews you and up to two other family members about your dear one’s life. We shape your reminiscences into a memorial book that outlines the story of that person’s life. We include your reflections on how your dear one touched you, the lessons they taught you, what you will miss and what you will cherish.
We work with you to select favourite family snapshots to bring your loved one’s story to life. Then we write, edit, scan your photos, develop photo captions and put everything together in a well-designed book.
- Get started. (You’ll need to sign a letter of agreement and pay a 50% deposit.)
- Spend a couple of hours chatting with us about your loved one’s life.
- Spend another couple of hours going through your family albums. Select up to 50 of your favourite photos and jot down the stories behind the pictures. (We’ll help you with this step.)
- Review a first draft of the content and layout of your celebration book. Let us know if there’s anything we need to fix.
- Approve a final draft of your book before it’s printed.
- Sit back and enjoy! And share copies with your dear ones, of course.
- up to 3 hours of interview time
- 5 copies of your memorial book (You can order additional copies for an additional cost.)
- softcover (perfect bound)
- 2,500 to 5,000 words
- 40 to 60 pages
- up to 50 photos and images
- one colour (black)
- $4,995 (plus GST/HST)
- at least 3 months
- The deposit is 50% of the total fee. The balance is due when you receive your finished book.